Don’t know what to do with that leftover Halloween candy (besides scarf it down?). I have a quick weekend breakfast pastry made with three ingredients—refrigerated crescent rolls in the pop-open can, raspberry preserves, and a Milky Way® bar. This makes a gooey and hot breakfast surprise for the family or overnight guests. But, if you have other candy leftover, why not try it with Twix® or Kit Kat bars? Maybe even a Snickers to add a peanuty crunch.
- Pop open the crescent rolls and separate according to the package directions. Spread each triangle of dough out on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spread each triangle with a teaspoon or so of raspberry preserves. Coarsely chop the Milky Way® bar (or Twix® or Kit Kat®) and put about a teaspoon on top of preserves.
- Roll the triangles into a crescent roll according to package directions.
- Brush each croissant with lightly beaten egg white to give it a nice glazed and browned look.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 375⁰ oven. Serve hot.
Yield: 8 croissants.
Photo of Barbara’s easy breakfast pastry by Cindy Dyer .