Recipe for Success: The rich Reese’s Peanut Butter Cake pictured above was a simple feat. Bake a white cake in two layer pans. Mix one can of milk chocolate frosting with one cup of smooth peanut butter. Spread frosting in the middle layer and on top. Decorate with chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s baking chips. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Keep a Well-Stocked Birthday-Ready Pantry for Minimal Effort and Big Impact
Gather these items over time. Many of them can be found in the dollar, grocery, or craft stores..
- Cake mixes
- Brownie mixes
- Frosting variety — canned, tubes, etc.
- Cupcake papers of all colors and designs
- Piping tubes for frosting. (Can purchase disposable bags and tips at Michaels or buy frosting in a can with decorating tips)
- Toppings — sprinkles of all colors and shapes, candies, chocolate/white/peanut butter/toffee chips
- Variety of birthday candles — numbers/candles/sparklers
- Ribbons, table cloths, fabric remnants, burlap, candles, foil wrapping paper, colored tissue paper
- Inexpensive trays
- Silk flowers — standard white and a few brightly colored flowers
- Chalkboard and colored chalk — stand-up easel style (Michaels), or a small whiteboard with colored markers
Here are some birthday ideas I’ve done over the last year — all simple and fast!