Here’s a fun centerpiece idea for any birthday age 40 and beyond. Make several if you have multiple tables. The centerpiece(s) are also take-home gifts. They make clever outdoor table decorations especially if you’re having a BBQ.
You Will Need
- Ornamental chili pepper plant (note, peppers are not edible)
- Spanish moss (craft store)
- Floral foam
- Various hot sauces, BBQ sauces, spicy meat rubs
- Wooden crate (Michaels), basket, or something to hold everything
- Signage (I used a mini chalkboard pick from Michaels, but you can make a sign from paper)
Click here to watch my e-How video on how to pull this off. (With a few additional ideas.)
Need a gift for a 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th and Beyond Birthday?
Men really like this one!
Gather hot and BBQ sauces, meat and fish rubs, grill implements, instant-read thermometer, apron. Put everything in a brown paper gift bag with handles (Michaels) stuffed with red and black tissue paper. Write all over the bag in red and black markers with words such as:
- Happy Birthday Joe…You’re Still Hot at 60! Love, the Kelley Family
- Burn baby burn!
- Get the fire extinguisher!
- Third-degree burning going on!
- Call 9-1-1!
- Put on the A/C!
It’s all about fun and we’re having tons with this birthday centerpiece and gift idea.