This topic was pitched to me by the eHow™ website. I knew this type of party had to include food, so I decided on a build-your-own burrito bar. Watch this short video and see how to hold a man cave party. One thing not mentioned in the video is dessert. My man suggested a box of Hostess Cupcakes. “Why?” I asked? He replied, “Because I never get them!”
Man Cave = Fan Cave = Fam Cave…whatever you call it, have fun!
Here is the white chicken chile recipe referenced in the video.
White Chicken Chile – The Framework
Chile is one of those soups that can be made to your taste by varying the amount of beans, meat, tomatoes, peppers, and seasonings .Here is a recipe to start with, then make it your own. Mine comes out different each time.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- I green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 3 cans white Northern beans, do not drain
- 3 cans tomatoes (I either use Muir Glen Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes or Del Monte Zest Chili-Style tomatoes, or both)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, adjust for seasonings
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, adjust to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and peppers in 3 tablespoons of olive oil unless soft. Transfer to stew pot.
- Sauté chicken in 3 tablespoons of oil until cooked through. Add to pepper and onions.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, cilantro and seasonings. Simmer on low.
- Taste periodically and adjust for seasoning.
Can make ahead. As with all soups, it’s better the second day. Freezes well. Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and tortilla chips. Yields about 8 servings.
Click here for other Barbara Kelley eHow™ videos on party themes.