Having fruit for dessert is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. When paired with this sweet mascarpone-yogurt topping, this dessert just melts in your mouth. You won’t even realize that this is actually a virtuous dessert at less than 200 calories per serving. Chef Emily Doerman created this dessert with summer in mind. For more of her light, summer recipes, see the summer issue of Celebrate Home Magazine. (Download it for free here.)
- 3-1/2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2-1/2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla vodka
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 4 peaches, soft but not overripe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Heat grill on high heat.
- Mix together mascarpone, yogurt, vodka, lemon juice, and sugar. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cut peaches in half lengthwise and remove pits. Lightly coat the inside half of the peach with canola oil. This is to prevent the peaches from sticking to the grill.
- Reduce heat on grill to medium. Place peaches on grill with the flat side down. Let peaches cook 5 minutes, until you see grills marks on the peaches.
- Remove peaches from grill. Serve 2 halves, each topped with 1 tablespoon mascarpone mixture and a sprinkle of hazelnuts on top.
Yield: 4 servings