This cheesecake is extra creamy, much different than a New York-style cheesecake. I wanted something different than the traditional graham cracker crust so I chose vanilla cream cookies. A unique crust and a topping of fresh nectarines gives it a unique tang.
Creamy Cheesecake with Nectarines
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla cream cookies (Golden Oreos or Vienna Fingers)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese (do not use low-fat), room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind, grated finely
- 5 nectarines, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 heaping tablespoon of apricot Polaner All-Fruit, high fiber.
Crust: Grind cookies into a medium-crumb consistency in a food processor (similar to graham cracker crumbs). Mix crumbs with melted butter and sugar. Press mixture into a nine-inch ungreased spring form pan.
Filling: Beat together cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Blend in butter, vanilla and lemon rind.
Topping: Put nectarines and apricot All-Fruit in food processor and coarsely chop to spreadable consistency.
Preheat oven to 450⁰. Put creamy mixture into spring form pan. Bake 15-20 minutes until slightly browned around edges. Refrigerate overnight, at least for 12 hours.
When ready to serve, remove sides of the pan and top with nectarine topping. Garnish with a few slices of nectarine and mint.
Can also use fresh apricots when in season.
This recipe is part of the menu for A Wintertime Dessert Party in the new issue of Celebrate Home Magazine. Find out what wine pairs well with the cheesecake and other yummy desserts. Download the magazine for free here.