This dish takes no time at all. You can give the traditional cranberry sauce a new twist with a jar of orange marmalade. I made mine a few days ahead. You can serve it cold or warm. The prep is so easy and fast there is still time to make it for today’s Thanksgiving dinner.
- 4 cups fresh cranberries (one bag)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (13-oz jar orange marmalade)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
Wash cranberries and drain. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; add cranberries, stirring well. Place cranberry mixture in a 9-inch square pan. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Add marmalade, walnuts and lemon juice; stir well. Cool.
Credit for this recipe goes to Southern Living.